Allegheny Applesauce Bread
- 1/3-1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Beat butter and Sue Bee Honey together in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, applesauce, and maple extract (if using) and beat well.
- Combine next six ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in separate bowl; stir in raisins.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring until combined.
- Bake in greased 5x9 loaf pan at 350 F for 55-60 minutes, or until tests done.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack; wrap in plastic wrap and chill overnight before serving.
- This bread freezes well, so double the recipe and save one for later!
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/