Almond Chocolate Cake with Ganache
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 13 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup blanched almond
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 F; grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl, add the almonds, combine with a whisk and set aside.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the butter for about 1 minute, or until the butter is lighter in color.
- Slowly add the sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time.
- When all of the sugar is added, continue to beat for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed; the mixture will look fluffy like something between mayonnaise and whipped cream.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating for 10 seconds between each addition.
- Add the melted chocolate and Sue Bee Honey and beat for a few seconds until smooth.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the sifted ingredients into the batter in 3 segments, alternating with the buttermilk which is added 1/2 cup at a time.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture looks smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack.
- Frost the top of the cake only with the ganache while the cake is still warm.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Heat the cream on the stove until just under a boil.
- Pour the heated cream over the chopped chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds.
- Stir until the chocolate is all melted and thoroughly combined into the cream.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/