Amish Soft Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Crisco
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 11-12 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons wheat gluten
- Mix water with yeast and sugar and let sit until foamy (about 10 minutes).
- Put flour, salt, and gluten in bowl.
- Pour in yeast mixture and stir until combined.
- Add in Sue Bee Honey, eggs, and crisco until combined, scraping sides.
- Add more wheat flour and knead until smooth.
- Divide into 3 loaves. Let rise again in warm place until doubled (about 1-1/2 hours).
- Bake for about 35 minutes at 375 F.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/