Robin Spires’ Apple Honey Glazed Chicken Wings entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Apple Honey Glazed Chicken Wings
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Clover Honey
- 2 cups unfiltered apple juice or apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons red pepper chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
For the Wings
- 3 pounds fresh chicken wings (separated into drumette and wing section, wings tips removed)
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a medium skillet, combine apple juice, Sue Bee Honey, vinegar, soy sauce and chili flakes.
- Bring to a boil and allow to reduce by about a third.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Whisk into glaze and return to a boil; boil for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to simmer, just to keep glaze warm.
- In a dutch oven, heat frying oil over medium high heat to 350 F.
- Season wings with salt and pepper and fry in oil until golden brown and cooked through.
- Wings should cook approximately 10-12 minutes (size of wings will determine cook time).
- Cook wings in two batches.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and sprinkle with sesame seeds while still warm.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/