Apple Raisin Bread
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups peeled diced apples
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- In a small bowl, combine yeast, 1/2 cup water and 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Sue Bee Honey, 3 eggs, applesauce, oil, salt and remaining water; mix well.
- Stir in yeast mixture.
- Gradually add enough flour to form a soft dough. Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down and turn over in bowl.
- Cover and let rise 30 minutes. In a small bowl, combine apples, raisins and lemon juice. Divide dough into three parts; knead one-third of the apple mixture into each part.
- Shape each into round flat balls. Place each in a greased 8-in. round baking pan that has been sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Beat remaining egg and brush each loaf with mixture. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes or until brown sounds hollow when tapped.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/