Hidemi Walsh’s No Bake Cheesecake with Brown Butter Honey Apple Crumble entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
No Bake Cheesecake with Brown Butter Honey Apple Crumble
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
For Brown Butter Honey Apple
- 1/2 Small Gala Apple, washed and cored
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- Dice apple small.
- Make brown butter honey apple.
Brown Butter Honey Apple
- In a skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium heat until foaming subsides. Then turn off the heat and let stand until brown.
- Stir in apples, Sue Bee Honey and cinnamon. Toss to coat well. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Make crumble.
- In a small bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon butter. Mix until crumbly. Put the mixture on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crisp. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Make cheesecake.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, add 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and whisk until creamy.
- Add milk and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Put the mixture into a serving glass or cup.
- When the crumble and apple mixture have cooled, put the apples on the cheesecake then put the crumbles on top.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/