- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4-1 cup mashed ripe banana
- Combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Sue Bee Honey, buttermilk, butter, egg, mashed banana and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spray a large skillet or electric griddle with nonstick spray, or brush with butter.
- Heat over medium heat.
- For each pancake, drop 1/2 cup batter onto skillet, spreading it out to make a 4-inch circle.
- Cook until it is lightly browned underneath and bubbles are starting to pop on top.
- Turn over and cook other side until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftover pancakes can be frozen and reheated in the microwave for quick weekday breakfasts.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/