Margee Berry’s Berry Basted Seattle Style Salmon entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Berry Basted Seattle Style Salmon
Write a review
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 thin (about 1/8-inch thick) red onion sliced rounds separated into rings
- 1/2 cup thin sliced trimmed fennel bulb
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup fresh or unsweetened frozen blackberries*
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel 4-(5-ounce each) skinless salmon fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium, when oil is hot add onion and fennel; saute mixture until golden about 8 minutes, add garlic and Herbes de Provence, saute 1 minute more.
- Stir in blackberries, Sue Bee Honey and vinegar, stir often until berries start to soften.
- Pat dry salmon, sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Lay salmon skinned side down on a large foil lined baking sheet.
- Divide berry mixture on top of salmon.
- Bake salmon 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Raspberries can be used instead of blackberries if desired.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/