Blueberry French Toast Casserole
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese or light cream cheese
- 16 slices of dried bread
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Spray 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread cream cheese evenly over 6 slices of bread and lay in bottom of baking dish, then sprinkle with blueberries.
- Cut remaining 10 slices of bread into cubes and place over blueberries.
- Combine milk, eggs, Sue Bee Honey, vanilla and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Pour over bread layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over bread mixture, recover and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and inserted knife comes out clean. Allow 5 minutes to set.
- To prepare sauce, whisk water, Sue Bee Honey and cornstarch in saucepan over medium heat until thickened, about 3 minutes, then stir in lemon juice and blueberries and heat through.
- Pour warmed sauce over set casserole.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/