Lidia Haddadian’s Blueberry/Honey Mascarpone Napoleon Bites entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Blueberry-Honey Mascarpone Napoleon Bites
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons Sue Bee® Clover Honey (divided), plus extra to drizzle
- 1 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (reserve a few sprigs for decoration)
- Cooking spray
- 1 sheet puff pastry (approximately 1/2 pound)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, combine mascarpone and 2 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey. Place in a piping bag and refrigerate till ready to assemble.
- In a small bowl, combine blueberries, 2 tablespoons honey, lime juice and thyme. Set aside.
- Unfold puff-pastry sheet over cutting board. Cut out 2-inch rounds.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and place dough rounds on sheet, pricking each with fork several times.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or till golden. Remove from oven and cool.
- To assemble, place cooked puff-pastry rounds over serving platter. Pipe honey mascarpone over dough then top with blueberry-honey mixture. Decorate with a sprig of thyme then drizzle with a bit more honey on top. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/