Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 cups ketchup
- 3 green chilies
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 medium onions
- black pepper
- In a deep frying pan, melt the butter and gently fry the onions, chilies and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add all the other ingredients, except the Bourbon, stirring after each addition.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the Bourbon and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool, stir now and then.
- Put in clean jars or wide neck bottles and label.
- Store in a cool dark place.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/