Brazilian Honey-Spice Bread
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon milk
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and brown sugar.
- Cook and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Gradually blend in the milk mixture, Sue Bee Honey, eggs and vegetable oil.
- Turn the batter into a greased 8 x 4 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 55 to 60 minutes or until done, covering with foil the last 15 minutes.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool thoroughly.
- If desired, combine icing sugar and enough milk to make a glaze of spreading consistency; frost the cooled loaf.
- Decorate with candied fruit.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/