- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup sliced blanched almond
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 dash salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can pillsbury grands flaky layers butter refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Generously spray 8 (2 3/4x1 1/4-inch) nonstick muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- In 1-quart saucepan, mix syrup ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
- Discard whole cloves.
- Meanwhile, in food processor bowl with metal blade, place filling ingredients.
- Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until finely chopped: set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits.
- Separate each biscuit into 3 layers.
- Place 1 biscuit layer in bottom of 1 muffin cup.
- Brush dough with syrup; top with 1 1/2 teaspoons nut filling and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup.
- Place second biscuit layer on top; press edge of second biscuit into side of bottom biscuit.
- Brush with syrup; top with 1 1/2 teaspoons nut filling and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup.
- Top with third biscuit layer.
- Brush with syrup; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon nut filling.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Reserve remaining syrup (about 1/2 cup).
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm with remaining syrup.
- Bake as directed.
- Reheat reserved 1/2 cup syrup in microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds until hot.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/