Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apple
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup soy flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, wheat germ, almonds, apples, and raisins or other dried fruit.
- Stir well and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together Sue Bee Honey, peanut butter, and olive oil over medium-low heat until well blended. Do not boil.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add the warmed mixture to the dry ingredients and stir quickly until well combined.
- Pat the mixture into the baking pan and use the bottom of a moistened drinking glass to press firmly to remove air pockets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, just until the edges begin to brown.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 16 bars (halve lengthwise, then cut into 8 lengths).
- When just cool enough to handle, remove bars from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Place any crumbs that fall into the baking pan and add to turned off oven and later, enjoy as cereal with the milk of your choice.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/