Margee Berry’s Burst of Berries & Chicken Salad with Toasted Honey Vinaigrette entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Burst of Berries & Chicken Salad With Toasted Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey, divided
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons blackberry or raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 5- to 6-ounce bag mixed baby greens
- 1 cup cubed (half-inch pieces) rotisserie cooked or leftover grilled chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries or raspberries
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl toss half of the Sue Bee Honey and pecans together, spread pecans onto a baking sheet and cook until lightly golden, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar and chili powder over pecans then use a metal spatula to transfer pecans in a single layer onto a medium piece of foil to cool. When cooled rough chop.
- Meanwhile make vinaigrette by heating remaining Sue Bee Honey and shallots in a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl pan often until honey becomes golden in color, about 4 minutes; pour Sue Bee Honey mixture into a small bowl to cool.
- When honey mix has cooled, whisk vinegar, mustard and salt, then slowly stream in olive oil. Continue whisking until vinaigrette emulsifies.
- To serve divide greens onto each of 4 salad plates then top with chicken, berries and pecans. Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette on next, top with goat cheese and last add desired amount of fresh pepper.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/