Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- sour cream
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (32 ounce) container fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 (12 ounce) packages frozen butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 granny smith apple
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 carrots
- 1 large onion
- ground red pepper
- Cook bacon slices in large pot until crisp.
- Remove bacon and drain.
- Reserve 2 tbsp drippings in pan.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute onion and carrots in bacon drippings over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes (until onion is tender).
- Add celery and apple to pan and saute 5 minutes.
- And garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add squash and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Process mixture, in batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return mixture to pot.
- Stir in lime juice and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 7-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Top soup with crumbled bacon and garnish with sour cream and red pepper.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/