Candied Yams With Apples
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 pounds yams
- 1 pound granny smith apples
- 2 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake, stirring occasionally, until yams are tender, about 1 hour.
- Increase oven to 500 F and bake until liquid evaporates and yams are browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/