Cherry Tart with Goat Cheese Honey Filling
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1. Roll out crust and place in a tart pan.
- 2. Prior to baking, pierce sides and bottom of crust.
- 3. Bake as directed, remove from oven and set aside.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Mix egg and water.
- 2. Brush egg wash over sides and bottom of baked crust.
- 3. Place back in the oven to bake for 2-3 more minutes.
- 4. Remove from oven and cool.
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1. Cream Sue Bee® Honey, goat cheese, cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Set aside.
- 3/4 pounds fresh bing cherries, cut in half and pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2. Spread goat cheese filling over top of tart shell.
- 3. Arrange the pitted cherries, cut side down, over the filling, covering the entire area.
- 4. Sprinkle pepper and almonds over the cherries.
- 6. Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the entire tart.
- 7. Place tart in oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Serve at room temperature.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/