Chicken With Honey
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons low-fat margarine
- 1 cup slivered almond
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In pan, heat butter and oil.
- Brown chicken in this mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired, remove.
- In remaining fat, cook onion and garlic until clear.
- Add ground or crushed almonds, basil, pepper, and Sue Bee Honey and cook, stirring, until mixture is well blended.
- Combine broth and cornstarch and add to pan; cook, stirring, over high heat until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish, spooning sauce over.
- Bake, covered, at 350 F for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/