KC Quaretti’s Chocolate French Toast with Rosemary Fruit Sauce entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Chocolate French Toast with Rosemary Fruit Sauce
- 4 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/4 cup each mandarin oranges, dried blueberries, chopped walnuts, chopped pecans, chopped almonds
- 1 branch Rosemary
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a sauté pan; add the mandarin oranges, blueberries, walnuts, pecans, almonds and rosemary
- Add the Sue Bee Honey and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and remove from the heat.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, milk and cocoa powder.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large sauté pan.
- Dip bread on both sides in milk mixture.
- Sauté until browned on both sides.
- Spoon fruit sauce over bread slices and serve immediately.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/