Christmas Sugar Cookies
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup butter
- green food coloring
- white candy coating
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2-4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups icing sugar
- red food coloring
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the Sue Bee Honey, egg, sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture – if the dough is too sticky add in a little more flour, add in just enough to hold together.
- Cover and chill for up to 24 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters dipped in flour.
- Place 1" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks and cool.
- Melt candy coating; stir in food coloring.
- Drizzle over cookies.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/