- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 pounds raw jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Peel and devein the shrimp; dry on paper towels.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add oil and the ice water to the dry ingredients; stir to blend.
- Heat the oil to 350 F in an electric skillet.
- Dip the shrimp in the batter, then roll each shrimp in the coconut.
- Fry shrimp for about 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Do not overcook.
- Place the shrimp in a shallow baking dish and bake at 300 F for 5-7 minutes to complete cooking.
- Combine the Sue Bee Honey, marmalade, Dijon mustard and Tabasco to make the sauce and serve with the shrimp.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/