Country Sweet Potatoes or Yams with Honey
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Wash and pierce unpeeled potatoes or yams.
- 2. Bake at 375 F for 40-50 minutes until tender but still firm.
- 3. Cool, peel and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- 4. Coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 5. Place cooked potatoes or yams in dish. Set aside.
- 6. In small saucepan combine Sue Bee® Honey, orange juice, cornstarch, ginger and nutmeg. Stir until smooth and no lumps remain.
- 7. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- 8. Carefully pour over potatoes or yams, stirring to coat.
- 9. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes until potatoes or yams are fork-tender.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/