Cream Cheese Chocolate Truffles
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, at room temperature
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 12- or 14-ounce package of chocolate-flavored candy coating
- 1. Using a microwave-safe bowl, heat Sue Bee Honey and chocolate chips in a microwave oven 35 to 40 seconds and stir. If chips are not thoroughly melted, warm for additional 10-second intervals, being careful not to burn the mixture.
- 2. Add the softened cream cheese to the mixture and stir until well-blended. Scrape any residue from sides back into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
- 3. Dust your palms with cocoa powder (to prevent the chilled mixture from sticking to your hands) and form the chilled mixture into balls with a diameter of 3/4 to 1 inch. Place truffles on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or nonstick foil and refrigerate another 30 minutes.
- 4. While truffles are chilling, prepare the chocolate-flavored candy coating according to package directions.
- 5. Using a wooden skewer or small relish fork, dip chilled truffles one at a time into chocolate-flavored candy coating. Let excess coating run off truffle, then place each piece back on the lined cookie sheet.
- 6. If desired, decorate truffles with sprinkles, chopped nuts or coconut, or drizzle with melted chocolate in a contrasting color or flavor. Place truffles back in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set dipping chocolate.
- 7. Serve at room temperature. Makes about 30 truffles.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/