Crock Pot Carrot Soup With Honey and Nutmeg
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt sea salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4-6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-2 small garlic cloves
- 3 lbs carrots
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 medium yellow onions
- fresh ground black pepper fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring often to cook evenly.
- Put the potatoes, carrots, garlic, and herbs in the slow cooker; add the onions and oil, scraping them out of the pan.
- Add enough of the water or broth to cover everything.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Turn the cooker to LOW and cook until the vegetables are soft, 5 to 7 hours.
- Puree in batches in a food processor or right in the slow cooker with a handheld immersion blender; the soup will be nice and thick.
- Stir in the Sue Bee Honey and grate the nutmeg right over the crock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm on LOW without letting it come to a boil until serving.
- Ladle the hot soup into bowls and enjoy.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/