Curried Cream of Carrot Soup
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 large onion
- plain yogurt plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- chopped scallion
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion, garlic and ginger in butter over moderately-low heat, stirring, until onion is softened.
- Stir in curry and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for 10 seconds.
- Add carrots, stock, bay leaf, thyme, pepper and 1 cups water. Heat until boiling.
- Simmer mixture, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and, in a blender, puree mixture in batches, transferring it to a large saucepan.
- Whisk in Sue Bee Honey, cream and salt to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkling of scallion.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/