KC Quaretti’s Cuscino Di Frutta entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Cuscino Di Frutta
- 8 sheets filo dough
- 2 apples ( or 2 cups apples and fresh berries)
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds + 4 tablespoons for topping
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- Peel, core and finely chop the apples.
- Lay out one sheet of filo and brush with melted butter, top with another filo sheet spread with butter and top with a third sheet of filo.
- Brush filo with butter and cover with chopped apples and sliced almonds.
- Drizzle with Sue Bee Honey.
- Roll up filo dough.
- Lay out one sheet of filo dough and brush with melted butter, cover with another sheet of filo dough and brush with butter then lay on a third sheet of filo and drizzle with remaining Sue Bee Honey.
- Place the filo roll on top of flat filo sheet going in the other direction.
- Roll up and tuck the ends under to form a pillow.
- Brush pillow with melted butter and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzles with Sue Bee Honey and topped with sliced almonds.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/