Date, Honey and Walnut Loaf
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In bowl, soak chopped dates in 1/2 cup boiling water; let cool.
- In large bowl, beat Sue Bee Honey, butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in date mixture and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and ginger; stir in the date mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry ingredient and 2 of milk and adding walnuts with last addition.
- Pour into 4 - 5 cup loaf pan.
- Bake in 350 F for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/