Exotic Spice Cookies
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Whisk the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, cardamom, cinnamon, coriander, pepper and salt in a medium bowl until blended.
- Mix in the crystallized ginger and set aside momentarily.
- In a large bowl beat the brown sugar, butter and shortening with an electric mixer until fluffy (do not overbeat-it will add too much air).
- Add the Sue Bee Honey, egg and rosewater; beat until blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon, mixing until just until blended.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon the turbinado sugar in thick layer onto small plate.
- Using wet hands, form dough into 1 1/4-inch balls; roll in sugar to coat completely.
- Place balls on prepared sheets, spacing 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until cracked on top but still soft to touch, about 11 to 13 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 1 minute.
- Carefully transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/