Fruit Blast Sage Iced Tea
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup pitted red tart cherries
- 1/4 cup packed fresh sage leaf
- 4 small tea bags
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- lemon slice
- Place water, rhubarb and cherries in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve, pressing fruit – fruit should be cooked to a pulp.
- Discard pressed fruit pulp.
- Return strained mixture to the saucepan and heat until it just starts to boil.
- Add tea bags, fresh sage and balsamic vinegar.
- Allow to steep away from heat, covered, for 6-8 minutes.
- Strain mixture, removing sage and tea bags.
- When slightly cool, place 5 cups cold water into a pitcher and add tea.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey until it dissolves.
- Serve tea on ice, garnished with a lemon slice, if desired.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/