Fruit Salad of the Ancient Greeks
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 honeydew melon
- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 pears
- 1 bunch red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup yellow grapes
- 2 glasses dry red wine
- Cut the melon in half and remove the flesh carefully so as to leave the rind intact allowing it to be used as a pair of bowls.
- Cut the removed melon flesh into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the fruit and the almonds. Divide the mixture between the two melon rinds.
- In a small pan, mix the Sue Bee Honey and wine (or grape juice) and heat over a low flame stirring until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the honeyed wine over the fruit in the two melon halves.
- Refrigerate the whole for about an hour prior to serving.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/