Go Nutty Honey Bars
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 21/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan with foil and grease lightly with butter.
- 2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3. Stir in egg blended (mixture will be dry).
- 4. Press firmly into pan.
- 5. Bake at 375 F for 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 6. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups shelled, toasted nuts of your choice (almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, filberts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, etc.)
- 1. Bring honey, brown sugar and salt to a boil over medium heat; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Boil without stirring for 2 minutes.
- 3. Add butter and cream.
- 4. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 5. Remove from heat, stir in nuts and spread over crust.
- 6. Bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes or until topping is bubbly.
- 7. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 8. Use foil to lift mixture out of pan, then cut into bars.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/