Goat Cheese Wrapped in Phyllo
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 4 small white onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 4 frozen phyllo pastry sheets
- butter-flavored cooking spray butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and sugar; cook, stirring often, 30 minutes or until caramel colored.
- Add vinegar and Sue Bee Honey; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in thyme.
- Stack phyllo, coating each layer with cooking spray.
- Cut into 6 (5 inch) squares and spoon onion mixture evenly onto center of phyllo squares.
- Top evenly with goat cheese.
- Lift corners and twist together.
- Place packets on a lightly greased baking sheet and lightly spray each packet with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 F for 12 minutes or until golden.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/