Hawaiian Coconut Shrimp
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 teaspoon cream-style prepared horseradish
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2-4 tablespoons club soda
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp
- Mix together all ingredients and set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- Rinse and drain.
- In Bowl 1, place 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- In Bowl 2, mix 1/2 cup self-rising flour with club soda to form a batter.
- In Bowl 3, place flaked coconut.
- Holding each shrimp by the tail, dip in flour to cover, then in batter, and lastly in coconut.
- Place each shrimp on waxed paper, repeating process until all shrimp are battered and covered in coconut.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate for several hours if you like, making it a quick-cook dinner later that day or the next day.
- In hot oil, deep fry several shrimp for about 1-2 minutes until coconut is lightly golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat process until all shrimp are cooked.
- Serve with Honey Mustard Sauce.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/