This Healthy Banana Bread is one of Clara Henningsen of The Henningsens favorite recipes! The recipe itself comes courtesy of her grandmother and uses honey as a substitute for sugar.
Sue Bee Honey Healthy Banana Bread
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey – plus 1 teaspoon
- 4 large bananas, ripe
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup whole oatmeal
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 2/3 cup pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice the bananas and place in a greased loaf pan.
- Mix together coconut sugar, cinnamon and maple flavoring. Sprinkle on top of bananas.
- Place in oven and cook for 35 minutes.
- Remove the bananas from the oven and reduce heat to 350 F.
- Mash the cooked bananas. Add coconut oil.
- Mix together oatmeal with buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl stir pastry flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and ground flax.
- Add Sue Bee Honey, eggs, maple syrup and oatmeal-buttermilk mixture to mashed bananas.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a bread pan
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon Sue Bee Honey with walnuts.
- Spread the honey-walnut mixture on to the banana bread batter.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/