Hi-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 4-5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oat
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups all purpose flour, salt and yeast; blend well.
- In medium saucepan, heat water, Sue Bee Honey, margarine and cottage cheese until very warm.
- Margarine does not need to melt completely.
- Add warm liquid and eggs to flour mixture.
- Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, stir in whole wheat flour, oats, nuts and enough all purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- On floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel.
- Let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Generously grease two 8x4 or 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Punch down dough.
- Divide dough into 2 parts; shape into loaves.
- Place in greased pans.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Uncover dough.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped.
- Immediately remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- For softer crusts, brush tops of loaves with melted margarine, if desired.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/