Michaela Rosenthal’s Honey & Almond Butter Sauced Chicken Kabobs entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey & Almond Butter Sauced Chicken Kabobs
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 (7oz) box Couscous
- 2 (skinless-boneless) chicken breasts, halved
- 1/3 cup basil flavored olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 3 limes (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/4 cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons Sue Bee Honey
- 2 tablespoons minced sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 1/3 cup ripe green olives, quartered
- Bring almond milk and water to a gentle simmer; stir in honey and boxed couscous. Cover and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic and zest & juice of 2 limes.
- Cut the chicken into 2” x 1-1/2” pieces, sprinkle with salt & pepper and transfer to the marinade.
- Allow to stand at room temp. for 20 minutes. Pour chicken broth into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in almond butter, Sue Bee Honey and juice of one lime; turn heat to low and cook (stirring occasionally) for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat grill pan to medium-high and thread skewers with chicken pieces.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes; brushing chicken with almond butter-honey sauce; keep turning chicken and basting with sauce until chicken is just cooked through.
- Stir sun-dried tomatoes and green olives into couscous.
- Divide couscous onto 4 warmed dinner plates and top each with 2 chicken brochettes.
- Garnish plate with lime wedges, if desired.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/