Patrice Hurd’s Honey Bacon Brunch Biscuits with Honey Nut Spread runner up entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Bacon Brunch Biscuits With Honey Nut Spread
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked peppercorns
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked and chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee Honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
Honey Nut Spread
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey
- 1/4 cup shelled salted pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Place butter in freezer for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Place a flat vegetable grater over bowl and shred cold butter into flour mixture. Add shredded cheese and bacon; stir until well-coated with flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, Sue Bee Honey and buttermilk; pour over flour mixture and fold together just until incorporated.
- Scoop into golf ball-sized mounds (should make 12) and drop onto prepared sheet.
- Prepare glaze by heating Sue Bee Honey and butter in microwave until melted; gently brush over biscuits.
- Bake until bottoms just begin to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Slide parchment off baking sheet onto a wire rack to cool.
- While biscuits are baking, prepare honey nut spread by stirring cream cheese and Sue Bee Honey together until smooth; fold in pistachios.
- Split biscuits and fill with spread to serve.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/