Hidemi Walsh’s Honey Carrot Granola Cake entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Carrot Granola Cake
For Honey Carrot Cake
- 1 cup Packed Grated Carrots (from 2 fresh medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 Large Eggs, beaten
- 1 cups Granola
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- Put grated carrots and 2 1/2 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey into a bowl. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Sift together all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Make topping. In a bowl, mix together granola, milk and 2 tablespoons honey. Mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a bowl of stand mixer, whisk butter until frosty on medium-high speed. Add granulated sugar dividing 2-3 times. Keep whisking until thickened. Add eggs dividing 3-4 times and keep whisking. Then add milk, cinnamon, carrots honey mixture to the bowl. Keep whisking until blended well.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Add flour mixture to the bowl and with spatula, mix to combine. Lastly add half of the topping to the batter and mix to combine. Put the batter into lightly buttered 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and put the rest of topping and raisins on the top. Lift the pan and drop the pan from about 3-4 inches height a couple of times to let the air out. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 33-38 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the cake cook on a wire rack. When the cake has cooled, remove the cake from the pan and cut the cake.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/