Jennifer Daskevich’s Honey Fig Crostini with Goat Cheese & Basil runner up entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Fig Crostini With Goat Cheese and Basil
Sue Bee Honey is the perfect pairing with the tangy goat cheese and the sweet figs bringing together the contrasting flavors and textures in perfect harmony. These beautiful crostini are so easy to put together and can be made pre-party and served at room temperature.
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 French baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 7 ounces dried black mission figs
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 small bunch of basil, chiffonade
- Three slices quality prosciutto (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut baguette into about 20 slices on the diagonal. Brush with olive oil and bake until crispy, 8-10 minutes.
- While bread is toasting, cut stem off figs and cut into small pieces.
- In a bowl, mix figs with Sue Bee Honey.
- When bread is toasted, cut garlic clove in half and rub on toasted bread.
- Spread each piece of crostini with goat cheese. Top with honeyed figs and basil sprinkled on top.
- If using prosciutto, cut into small pieces and top half of crostini with prosciutto.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/