Cheryl Snavely’s Honey Flan entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Write a review
- 5 tablespoons Aunt Sue's Raw-Wild Natural Honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (14 oz size)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- Melt sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat until golden stirring constantly.
- Add two tablespoons Aunt Sue's Raw-Wild Natural Honey and stir until it is incorporated into the melted sugar.
- Pour into a mold pan and swirl to cover the bottom and partly up the sides. Let cool and harden.
- In a blender combine 1 can condensed milk and half of the second can, cream, eggs and 3 tablespoons honey.
- Blend for 20 seconds and pour over the hardened caramel/honey mix.
- Place pan in an ovenproof baking dish filled with warm water and bake for 50 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Let cool completely and then refrigerate overnight.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/