Paula Todora’s Honey Fruit & Cheese Strudel entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Fruit & Cheese Strudel
Write a review
- 1 roll puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 medium ripe fresh pear
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll puff pastry and place on parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix cinnamon and brown sugar with a fork; set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, Sue Bee Honey and 2 Tablespoons of the cinnamon/brown sugar mixture; Mix well with a spoon.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over middle portion of puff pastry to within 1 inch of ends.
- Peel and core pear. Slice into 1/4-inch slices and place on top of cream cheese.
- Top with raspberries. Sprinkle half of the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture on top of fruit.
- Bring long sides up over fruit and cream cheese and press together to seal with wet fingertips.
- Bring ends up and pinch together. Slit top with a sharp knife in several spots to allow steam to escape.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture over top.
- Bake 25 minutes on middle rack of oven until light golden.
- Let sit 10 minutes before slicing into 6 equal portions.
- Serve warm.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/