Honey Ginger Chicken Bites
Write a review
- 2/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray cooking spray
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Combine Sue Bee Honey, ginger, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, orange rind, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well.
- Add chicken; seal and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer on the rack of a broiling pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- While chicken is cooking, strain marinade through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Place marinade in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes, skimming solids from surface.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour glaze into a large bowl.
- Preheat broiler.
- Add chicken to glaze; toss well to coat.
- Place chicken mixture on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes or until browned, stirring twice.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/