Kara Culpepper’s Honey Glazed Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Glazed Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 17.5-ounce package double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Honey Chocolate Glaze
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- For cookie base, stir cookie mix, oil, water, egg, Sue Bee Honey, instant espresso powder and vanilla in medium bowl until dough forms.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for one minute, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For honey glaze, combine butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips in medium saucepan on low heat. When melted, remove from heat and add honey; stir to combine.
- Spread honey chocolate glaze onto completely cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over all cookies.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/