Antoinette Leal’s Honey Goat Cheese Almond Torte entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Goat Cheese Almond Torte
Honey Almond Praline
- 1/4 cup Aunt Sue’s® Raw-Wild Natural Honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons Aunt Sue’s Raw-Wild Natural Honey
- 5 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
- 1 (5.1-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Aunt Sue’s Raw-Wild Natural Honey
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F; grease and flour two 8- or 9-inch nonstick cake pans.
To make the honey almond praline
- Melt the butter in a small nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar and Sue Bee Honey and cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the almonds. Let mixture cool.
To make the custard filling
- In a small bowl, microwave goat cheese in 10-second intervals until smooth and melted. Let cool.
- Beat together pudding, Sue Bee Honey, cream and milk. Stir in cooled goat cheese until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to assemble cake.
To make the cake
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and water (mixture will be lumpy).
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat until combined.
- Divide batter into cake pans. Drop praline mix by small spoonfuls evenly over batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on racks.
To assemble the cake
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Combine 3 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey with 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce.
- Drizzle half honey mixture over bottom cake layer.
- Top with half of the the custard mixture. Place the top cake layer over custard.
- Spread remaining custard over top layer, leaving 1-inch border at edges.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel mixture. Sprinkle sea salt over top of caramel.
- Serve chilled.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/