Honey Jam Bars
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Cream shortening and Sue Bee Honey well.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix into creamed mixture with egg.
- Grease a 8" square pan.
- place 1/2 batter in pan.
- Top with seedless raspberry jam or preserves.
- Cover with remaining batter. Bake in a 400 F oven about 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Cool completely and cut into bars.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/