When you want to relax after a long day, this Honey Lavender Lemonade will refresh you, calm you and even surprise you by how it perfectly combines sweet, tart and floral flavors!
Honey Lavender Lemonade
For the lavender mixture
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried lavender
For the lemonade
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 sliced lemon, for garnish
- To make the simple syrup, combine two cups of water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in honey and dried lavender.
- Cover for about 15 minutes, allowing mixture to steep. Strain lavender mixture, making sure to release all juices and syrup into a bowl.
- In a large pitcher, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice, lavender mixture and water. Feel free to add a drop of blue coloring and a drop of red to give it a light purple color.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and serve over ice. Enjoy!
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/