Honey and Lemon Beef Jerky
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 lbs very lean sirloin Beef
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine Sue Bee Honey, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, salt and pepper, and marinate steak strips in this overnight in a plastic zipper bag.
- The next day, cover oven rack beneath with foil for easy clean-up.
- Preheat oven to 180 F.
- Place slices on a baking rack, prop oven door slightly with an oven mitt to allow humidity to escape, and dry meat on racks.
- In my oven, the process took about 6-1/2 hours.
- Check meat after 5 hours; it could take as long as 7 hours.
- Blot any grease spots that may come up.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/