Jodi Taffel’s Honey Mango Cannoli entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Mango Cannoli
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup mango nectar
- 1 cup finely diced fresh mango
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 20 pre-made mini cannoli shells
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Whisk egg yolks, Sue Bee Honey and mango nectar together in a heatproof glass bowl. Fold in the diced mango.
- Place the bowl on top of a pot of simmering water and add the butter a little at a time, stirring frequently.
- Continue to cook over the simmering water for an additional 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until it coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain to remove any curdled egg bits. Put in the fridge to cool.
- Put cooled mango custard into a piping bag (or large plastic bag with a tiny hole cut into one of the corners).
- Pipe the custard into each cannoli shell by filling them halfway, then turning them and filling the other half.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/