Laura Craig’s Honey Nut Scones entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Nut Scones
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Spun Honey
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee Spun Honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Additional chopped pecans for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and soda.
- Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender till pea-sized particles form.
- In a bowl whisk together Sue Bee Honey, egg and sour cream until mixed. Add to flour mixture, along with the pecans. Mixture will be clumpy, but use hands and fork to form a ball.
- On lightly floured surface, press into 8-inch circle about 2/3-inch thick. Cut into 8 equal wedges. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- While baking, combine glaze ingredients till smooth and a good drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over hot scones.
- Top with additional chopped pecans, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/